In some cases, Non-Resident Indians (NRI) face a lot of problems when they get married in India and in some other cases, Indian citizens face a lot of problems when they get married to Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
When Non-Resident Indians (NRI) face problems in marriage – in this case, a common complaint is that Indian citizens get married to Non-Resident Indians (NRI) just to get permanent residency or citizenship of other countries. We have had cases in which –
- Indian citizen having relationship in India got married to our Non-Resident Indians (NRI) client so that she could get citizenship of Canada, then divorce Non-Resident Indians (NRI) and get married to her paramour in India to make him a citizen of Canada. This plan was uncovered when husband got voice recording of the wife in India along with her whatsapp chats.
- An Indian citizen got married with American girl and used to harass her a lot in America even though he lived with her parents in America. He stabbed the girl in anger one day and ran away to India and filed a case of immigration fraud against his own father-in-law.
- An Indian citizen was married with American man and she got registered a false First Information Report (FIR) under section 498A was registered against him because of a trivial oral altercation between the couple in America. The case was later compromised after paying a huge compensation to the wife.
When Indian citizens face problems by marrying with Non-Resident Indians (NRI) –
- Many a times NRI already settled abroad commit immigration frauds by falsely marrying in India. Later, they break deals if more money is not paid to them.
- We have cases where NRI commit crimes like murder, cheating, fraud and run away from India.
- We have cases where NRI take dowry and never return to India